This is the Privacy Notice (“Notice”) for the website https://maisondecotterd.com/ which is provided by GIHE Sàrl, Rue de l’Ondine 20, 1630 Bulle (the “Restaurant”, “we”, “us” and “our”). The purpose of this Notice is to help you understand how and why we collect your personal data and what we do with it. It also explains the decisions that you can make about your personal data.
We recognize that information privacy is an ongoing responsibility, and we will update this notice where necessary. Please just visit this page if you want to stay up to date, as we will post any change here.
Please note that the Restaurant is located in Glion, the prestigious hospitality management school. Accordingly, this Notice is supplemental to the Glion Privacy notice available on Glion’s website.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The Restaurant offers you the opportunity to research information via this website, to receive our marketing communications, to book a table and/or to buy gift vouchers.
- Informational use of the website
When you visit our website for informational reasons, i.e. without registering for any of our services or without providing us with personal data in any form, your browser may nonetheless transfer certain data to our web server, like your IP address or cookies and mobile device identifiers, which in some countries like those in the EEA or UK or in states like California, may be considered personal information.
This is usually done for technical reasons and required to make available to you the requested information, to ensure system stability and efficiency and to implement proper safeguards as to the security of our website (Art. 6(1)(b) and Art. 6(1)(f) General Data Protection Regulation).
Our website may also use certain cookies to enhance your experience on the website by analyzing user behavior from data collected by those cookies. We only use such cookies if we have obtained your prior consent (Art. 6(1)(a) General Data Protection Regulation).
We may also use other similar technologies and modelling tools that automatically process your data (e.g. advertising cookies, device ID, demographic information such as gender and age, behavioral data such as page views, and other data) to learn about your interests and customize the ads sent to you. For instance, with retargeting technologies we can advertise recently viewed contents on other companies’ websites. We will obtain your consent for the deployment of such cookies on our own websites (Art. 6(1)(a) General Data Protection Regulation). When we place our tags on third party websites or buy data from third party vendors, we require that our partners obtain your consent before our tag is deployed or your data is shared with us.
Please see our cookies policy below for further information about the cookies we actually use on this website.
- Subscription to marketing communications
The subscription to our marketing communications (to be informed about news and special offers on our services or those of our partners) is offered on a voluntary basis. The data provided for this purpose (usually your e-mail address) will be used by us exclusively for the purpose of providing this service within the scope of your given consent (Art. 6(1)(a) General Data Protection Regulation).
You can revoke your consent at any time free of charge by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ button contained in our communications or by sending an e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. As soon as you unsubscribe from our mailing list, your personal data provided for this service will be deleted, unless other retention periods conflict with this.
However, please be aware that we may need to keep certain information to honor your choices (e.g., if you tell us to stop sending marketing emails, while we are still in contact with you for other purposes, we will need your email address on file so that our systems remember that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications to that email address). Indeed, even if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications, you will still receive administrative communications from us as the case may be, such as transaction confirmations and other important non marketing related announcements such as booking confirmation.
- Booking a table
You may book a table by email, by phone or directly on the website through the dedicated digital form provided by LaFourchette. The personal data provided for this purpose (usually first name, last name, e-mail address, phone number) will be used by us exclusively for the purpose of managing your booking and where possible, complying with specific requests you make as the case may be (Art. 6(1)(b) General Data Protection Regulation). We also remind you that you are responsible for any third-party personal data shared through with us and you must have the third party’s consent to provide such data as the case may be.
- Buying a gift voucher
You may buy gift vouchers on-site or through the website. The personal data provided for this purpose (usually first name, last name, address, e-mail address, phone number) will be used by us exclusively for the purpose of providing this service in accordance with our General Terms and Conditions of Sales (Art. 6(1)(b) General Data Protection Regulation). We also remind you that you are responsible for any third-party personal data shared with us and confirm that you have the third party’s consent to provide such data as the case may be.
- General comments
We may also collect similar or related information and in particular i) information you choose to share voluntarily about you whether in person or through any messaging channel and ii) inferred information that includes information derived from other information listed above. We create inferred and derived data elements by analyzing our relationship and transactional information.
It may also be necessary for us to process your personal data, in order to comply with our legal obligations or in connection with exercising or defending legal claims. This may arise for example where we need to take legal advice in relation to legal proceedings or are required by law to preserve or disclose certain information.
SHARING DATA WITH OTHERS
For operational reasons and as is necessary and proportionate for intended purposes, we may share your information with other entities in the Sommet Education group (which we belong to) and with trusted third parties or subcontractors who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you (collectively, “External Partners”). We contractually require External Partners processing personal data on our behalf to follow our instructions at all times. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
This website may contain advertising of third parties and links to other sites where the Restaurant does not control how your data is processed. In those situations, please ensure you read and understand the privacy policies and practices of such websites and be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those third parties or other sites.
TRANSFERRING DATA TO OTHER COUNTRIES
Some of the personal data we process about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, for example where it is processed by staff operating outside the EEA/Switzerland who work for us or for one of our suppliers, or where personal data is processed by one of our suppliers who is based outside the EEA/Switzerland or who uses storage facilities outside the EEA/Switzerland. In these circumstances, your personal data will only be transferred on one of the following bases:
- a European Commission decision provides that the country or territory to which the transfer is made ensures an adequate level of protection;
- where the transfer is subject to one or more of the “appropriate safeguards” for international transfers prescribed by applicable law (e.g. standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission); or
- there exists another situation where the transfer is permitted under applicable law (e.g. where we have your explicit consent).
HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We implement appropriate physical, administrative and technical measures designed to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or access or use, and all other unlawful forms of processing. We contractually require that External Partners provide equivalent levels of protection when handling your personal data and only process the data in accordance with our instructions. In any cases, we limit access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties that have a legitimate need for such access in accordance with this Notice.
FOR HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We strive to keep our processing activities with respect to your personal data as limited as possible. Your personal data will be retained only for as long as we need it to fulfil the purpose for which we have collected it and, if applicable, as long as required by statutory retention requirements.
WHAT DECISIONS CAN YOU MAKE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
You are able to make various decisions about your personal data. Your rights are as follows:
- to obtain access to, and copies of, the personal data that we hold about you;
- to require us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is incorrect;
- to receive from us the personal data we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal data to another data controller;
- to require that we cease processing your personal data if the processing is causing you damage or distress;
- to require us not to send you marketing communications;
- to require us to erase your personal data;
- to require us to restrict our data processing activities (and, where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal);
- to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights.
Please note that:
- the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply;
- information request will be fulfilled free of charge unless in case of repetitive, manifestly unfounded or excessive requests or for further copies; and
- where our processing of your personal data relies on your consent and where you then withdraw that consent, it may affect the provision of the services.
FURTHER INFORMATION AND GUIDANCE
GIHE Sàrl with registered office at Rue de l’Ondine 20, 1630 Bulle, Switzerland, is the data controller of the personal data collected about you.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Notice or wish to exercise your rights as described above, please contact email@example.com or email our Data Protection Officer at:
Rue Saint Martin 7, 1003 Lausanne, Switzerland
T: +41 (0)21 989 27 06
The information you provide when contacting us will be processed to handle your request.
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the relevant data protection authority.
Last update: September 2021
COOKIES POLICY – WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
As explained in our privacy notice, we differentiate between two categories of cookies:
- necessary cookies, which help make the website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and implement proper safeguards as to the security of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and
- optional cookies that include in particular:
- preference cookies: enable the website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in;
- statistic cookies: help us understand how visitors interact with the websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously;
- marketing cookies: used to track visitors behavior including across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user.
- optional cookies that include in particular:
While the processing of necessary cookies is necessary to enable you to visit the website and we do not need your permission (Art. 6(1)(b) and Art. 6(1)(f) General Data Protection Regulation), we only use optional cookies if we have obtained your prior consent (Art. 6(1)(a) General Data Protection Regulation).
Upon your first access to our website, a banner will appear, asking you to give us your consent to the setting of optional cookies. If your consent is given, we will place the relevant cookies on your computer and the banner will not appear again as long as the cookie is active. After expiration of the cookie’s lifespan, or if you actively delete the cookie, the banner will reappear upon your next visit to our website and again ask for your consent.